For over 15 years I’ve traveled tirelessly to teach, perform and study contemporary, transnational dance. My work blends International Folk with Contemporary Dance from performative, social, and sacred settings.
Traveling as a working artist also influences my work, gaining me access to current and historical art worlds in cities and villages across the US, Europe, Russia, Australia and Africa. These experiences are distilled into work that explores the texture of sound and light in the spaces where people come together to be moved.
I channel my adventures into experiential projects that range from dance performances, to installations and decorative art. My interest hovers in that sweet spot where art, education, technology and design meet with a basic desire for nourishment, companionship and revelation.
- Bas Anthropology: University of Pittsburgh 1997
- Masters in Arts in Teaching: Chatham University, 2005
- PA State Certified Teacher
- 10+ Yrs Teaching & Performing Dance Around the World
- 15+ Yrs Teaching Visual Art and Aesthetic Education
- 10 Yrs Co-Director/ Dancer: Zafira Dance Company
- 20 Yrs Teaching & Practicing Yoga
- 10 Yrs Jewelry Design & Fabrication
- 5 Yrs STEAM Education Teaching & Curriculum Development
- 3 Yrs CNC Design: 2d & 3D