For 15 years I have traveled tirelessly to teach, perform and pursue my love of International, Tribal, Contemporary, and Hybrid dance in performative, social, and sacred settings.
My experience traveling as a working artist has allowed me access to both historical and contemporary art worlds in cities and villages across the US, Europe, Russia and Australia. I have experienced these regions from many perspectives; from sticky bars to corporate events, and elaborate stage spectacles; from relationships with artists and students, to wealthy art patrons and intellectuals.
It is a joy to translate my perceptions of the exotic and urbane into new, experiential projects. My interests hover in that place where art, education, technology and design meet with our basic human desires for nourishment, companionship and ease.
A (very) brief synopsis of my professional experience:
- BAS Anthropology: University of Pittsburgh 1997
- Masters in Arts in Teaching: Chatham Univ. 2005
- Pennsylvania State Certified Teacher
- 10+ Yrs Teaching Dance Around the World
- 15+ Yrs Teaching Visual Art & Aesthetic Education
- 10 Yrs Co-Director: Zafira Dance Company
- 20 Yrs Teaching and Practicing Yoga